Many people don’t know the difference between recycling vs shredding. Some, think that it is all the same but it’s not! There are a lot of key differences between the two you should know about and it could end up saving you time, money and the possibility of being a victim of Identity theft.
So What Is Recycling?
The definition of recycling is “the action or process of converting waste into reusable material.” Items that are typically recycled are things such as, paper, plastic, aluminum and cardboard. There are a few recycling companies that even accept and recycle glass.
At Business Recycling Solutions we want to encourage our customers to recycle 80% of their waste, leaving them with only 20% going to a landfill! Our customers take the 80/20 challenge to make a difference in our environment!
Recycling is NOT the same as shredding!
When recycling items, things such as paper, plastic, aluminum and cardboard are being sorted and processed at a local recycling facility. When shredding, only paper is being shredded and then taken to a processing facility to be recycled. This is the difference with recycling vs shredding!
Recycling paper is not the same as shredding paper. Paper that is sent to recycling are not confidential. These are things like magazines, newspapers, extra copies of non confidential documents you no longer need, etc.
Paper that is sent to shredding are things that are confidential. These are things such as forms with social security numbers, tax ID numbers, credit card information, etc. Those are items that would need to be shredded.
What does Business Recycling Solutions recycle?
- Magazines and Brochures
- Phone Books
- Aluminum Cans
- Take out containers that are rinsed and free of food particles
- Hard Plastic (i.e. plastics #1 & #2)
- File Folders
You can find a basic list of what is typically unacceptable at recycling centers everywhere here. If you are unsure what’s recyclable, contact your local processing facility before taking your recyclables. If you are recycling with Business Recycling Solutions, contact us and we’ll gladly help you with what you can put in your recycling bin!
How does Business Recycling Solutions work?
Business Recycling Solutions is B2B Recycling Company that goes to other businesses and pick up their recycling! We’ve found that a lot of businesses have a hard time recycling when they don’t have curbside pickup due to them being inside of a bigger building or their building manager doesn’t offer it!
That’s where we come in! We take the type of company that you are and the amount of space you have and determine what options are best for you. We come and pick up the recycling for you instead of you or an employee taking the recycling home or to a recycle center.
This gives you more time to focus on your business and less time spent traveling around to recycle your items. Feel free to reach out to us if you’re interested in learning more about our recycling options!