There are lots of great DIY hacks you can use to recycle materials around your home. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Repurpose glass jars into planters for your garden. Wouldn’t it be great to not have to run to the supermarket for a small amount of herbs. Just pick a sprig or even a single leaf out of the planter. Great for apartments or houses without much of a yard.
2. Turn old newspapers into Paper Mache crafts. Start Small and have fun making messes.
3. Take old sweaters and turn them into mittens or hats. This year’s sweater can be a scarf next year.
4. Turn old T-Shirts and make a reusable bag.
In a few easy steps – Google and YouTube are great places to research the best way that works for you.
5. Create a vertical garden out of plastic bottles. Plastic is the hardest to recycle so re-using them is the best if you can’t avoid plastic altogether.
6. Reuse containers to store small items. Glass jars or plastic cups are great ways to store buttons, paper clips, rubber bands and more.
7. Make interesting jewelry out of old buttons. Let your inner Picasso out and have fun.
8. Create wall art from bottle caps. Let your imagination run wild.
9. Make furniture out of pallets. Pinterest is your friend for this one.
10. Use empty egg cartons to start seedlings. This is a great way for someone who is new to gardening to try to start making that thumb Green.
I hope some of these ideas are helpful! Have fun creating your own DIY recycled projects. Remember – It’s fun to get your hands dirty.